Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Get To Know My Style: A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

I love fashion and clothes- hence, the blog you are currently reading.  But I figure it's important to tell you a bit about my style before I start throwing ideas and outfits onto the internet.

To put it simply, I wear whatever I feel like wearing.  I don't think I could ever confine my style into a few words or even a paragraph.  I'm sort of all over the place.  My style isn't super specific.  I like clothes that are chic, feminine, somewhat tailored, sometimes studded, modern, 50's/60's inspired, classic, and the occasional sparkly or sequenced garment.

I do gravitate towards girly things, as I am a thoroughly a girly girl.  I like light colored florals and pinks.  I also find myself loving skirts and dresses significantly more than shorts lately.

I also really like neutrals.  Some days, like today for instance, I wear all neutral colors.  I just like the crisp look once in a while.  On other days, my outfit is usually about half neutral tones.  They match almost everything and I like having a solid foundation in my outfit.

I very rarely wear two flowy items together.  Either a tight top and loose bottoms, or vice versa.

I love belts!!  I went through a phase when I wore a belt with every single outfit.  This was not out of necessity, I just really liked the look.  Now, I wear them more sparingly, but I do love the days when I wear belts!

With this being said, not all of my outfits will fit into these criteria.  I'm far too scatter-brained to wear clothes that fall perfectly into a category.  I like to change things up.  I'm not going to pretend that I'm a total trend-setter or that I am a fashion guru, because I'm not.  Yes, I try to wear fashionable clothes.  But no, I don't always follow fashion rules.  After all, aren't rules meant to be broken? ;)

One general style note is that I always try to look put together.  To me, the point of wearing an outfit is to wear an outfit, not separate clothing items that I happen to throw on.  The various garments should complement each other and work in harmony.



So that's my style for ya.  I'm sure that as soon as I post this a million new thoughts will pop into my head.  Oh well!  I guess you'll just have to wait and see what I wear.  Than you can see for yourselves! :)


 Melissa

“Fashions fade, style is eternal.” 
-Yves Saint-Laurent

No comments:

Post a Comment